What makes a GracePort panel interface connector different is YOU. Did you know we offer a quick fully customizable assembly and delivery within 2-3 business days? This is what sets a GracePort apart from other communication ports. We can create a custom-built GracePort, including any components, power options, housings, and even special text, cut-outs, cable lengths, and the highly requested option of adding your own company logo. Your unique GracePort is fully assembled in the USA and created just the way you want it.
GracePorts relocate a panel’s communication ports from a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), from inside the panel to the outside so you can easily access them without exposure to any electrical hazards while also maintaining a cabinet’s UL rating. They can be easily mounted on the door or the side panel of Industrial Control Panels (ICPs).
Making ICPs Safer, Smart, & More Productive
Safer: GracePorts are designed to minimize the risk of hazardous electrical exposure in Industrial
Control Panels. They use thru-door technology to improve overall safety in these often-performed, routine procedures while complying with the performance requirements of OSHA & NFPA 70E.
Smarter: Right here at our facility in Davenport, IA, GracePorts are built and shipped within 2-3 days of ordering. This is the key ingredient of what sets a GracePort apart from the competition, as well as the option of complete customization of each individual unit.
More Productive: By providing access to PLCs and other devices safely behind closed doors, GracePorts improve productivity by eliminating PLC access steps involved in routine programming. With a GracePort, you can just walk up to the panel, plugin, and program. It’s that simple!
Fully Customizable Panel Interface Connectors
Components: Countless varieties of components are available and can also be paired together in your fully customizable GracePort for any application. Whether you need something as common as an RJ45 connector or as unique as a DVI female-to-female feed-thru bulkhead, we can design and create a GracePort that fits your precise needs.
Power Options: In over 20 years of production, we've created thousands of unique variants of the GracePort with each week presenting a new opportunity and a new GracePort configuration. Thanks to our international power options, we've shipped GracePorts all around the world.
Housings: Several housing types are available and the size of your housing depends on several variables including the kinds of components you choose, the power option you want, and, in most cases, the UL rating you need. Housings options include UL Type 1, 3R, 4, 4X, 12, stainless steel options, large housings, and hazardous location housings.
Top 10 Considerations for a Safer and More Productive ICP
- Understand that ICPs pose a significantly higher risk than your other electrical panels as it involves multiple voltages.
- Clearly evaluate worker qualifications and the task they are assigned to do.
- Perform risk analysis and implement control measures that are appropriate by evaluating the type of task, worker qualification, and equipment condition.
- Always try to implement elimination, substitution, and engineering controls in the order of hierarchy from the Risk Control Hierarchy chart as they are applied at the source of the hazard.
- Always use the equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions for all the listed and labeled components.
- Ensure that your ICPs are provided with accurate equipment labels and descriptions per UL 508A, NFPA 79, and NFPA 70 (NEC) standards.
- Ensure that your equipment is marked with appropriate warning labels with arc flash hazard information to include either Incident energy or PPE category.
- Provide GFCI receptacles that meet the enclosure type rating for all the accessory equipment for maintenance personnel.
- Keep electrical drawings up to date, avoid energized work permits, and open-door work while the system is energized.
- Follow all your equipment and facility LOTO procedures.
BONUS TIP: Order a GracePort today!
Learn how you can make your ICPs safer and more productive with our FREE GracePort eBook! In this comprehensive ICP analysis, we look back at the problem our GracePort panel interface connector was initially created to solve. Starting with historical data of ICP safety incidents, we report how panel interface connectors improve ICP task productivity by 90% and mitigate safety risks.
Date: March 28-31 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Booth Number: #C4598
We're currently LIVE at MODEX 2022! If you're attending the show, stop by our booth and say hi to the Grace Team. You can see the GracePort demonstration in person as well as our other solutions with GracePESDs and GraceSense. MODEX is the "Premier Supply Chain Experience Trade Show. Make new contacts, discover cutting-edge solutions, and learn the latest trends that are sure to give you a leg up on the competition."
Stay safe and have a great week!