What makes the 1000V Safe-Test Point different from the existing Safe-Test Point (R-3MT)?
Operational Voltage Range of 1000 VAC/VDC
- UL type enhancement of 4/4X in addition to UL type 12, & 13
- 14 AWG leads that will make it easier for UL 508A feeder tap requirement connections
How does it make absence of voltage testing safer and more productive?
- Enables a qualified worker to test for absence of voltage from outside the electrical cabinet door through high impedance protected test point jacks
- Meets NFPA 70E, Article 120.5, Step 7 (live-dead-live test)
- Self-powered, no additional power supply required (no need for a battery)
Potential industry applications for 1000V Safe-Test Point include:
- Railroad & Locomotive -Electric Vehicle Manufacturers (Tesla, Lucid, etc.)
- Energy Storage Systems
- UPS Applications in Data Centers
- Commercial EVSE equipment (superchargers)
- AC/DC Inverters