Today is the first day of September and in recognition of Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, the Believe in the Cure charity foundation is hosting a "Get Fit" run/walkathon challenge to help raise awareness and funds for research at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Enter by ordering a Believe in the Cure t-shirt with all proceeds going to the University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center’s ovarian cancer research. Sign up today to help us all Believe in the Cure!
Ovarian Cancer Overcomer, Jane Allen, alongside her husband Phil Allen, Founder and Chairman of the Board at Grace Technologies, began the Believe in the Cure Ovarian Cancer Research charity event in September of 2017. The wild success of that event left little doubt that we would repeat this tradition in many shapes and forms each year; this year with a Get Fit challenge to raise awareness and funds for ovarian cancer research at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
Get Fit for Ovarian Cancer Research
To take part in these life-changing research efforts, you may directly donate to the cause through Iowa's GOLDrush crowdfunding page and participate in the Get Fit challenge by ordering a 2021 Believe in the Cure t-shirt with all proceeds going directly to the University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center for ovarian cancer research.
Winners will be selected for reaching designated milestones and awarded prizes for their efforts. Sign up today to Get Fit and help raise awareness and funds for ovarian cancer research:
- Register: Enter the Get Fit Challenge by ordering a Believe in the Cure shirt for $25 (proceeds will go directly to the University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Care Center’s ovarian cancer research).
- Share: Like the Believe in the Cure Facebook page and share your Get Fit Challenge participation and progress on social media to help spread the word!
- Win: Keep a log of your activity and email it to NSchiltz@GraceTechnologies.com at the end of the month to win prizes.
For just an average of three to five miles a day, you may qualify for the following fitness goals and prizes:
- GOALS: Walk or Run for a total of 100 Miles (or) Bike for a total of 150 Miles (or) Burn at least 10,000 Calories
- PRIZES: Highest mileage logged: $100 gift card, Most calories burned: $100 gift card, Most social media posts: $50 gift card
About Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center & Ovarian Cancer
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center is Iowa's only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center and has held that designation since 2000. The NCI designation recognizes our cancer center, and its research scientists, physicians, and other health care professionals, for their roles in advancing cancer research that impacts on our ability to prevent, detect, and treat our patients with cancer.
While it is a rare cancer, ovarian cancer is one not easily detected in its early stages. It can prove to be a devastating cancer because it’s often in an advanced stage when it comes to light. Holden is one of Iowa’s only centers where you are treated by board-certified specialists in gynecologic oncology. Holden’s resources include the complex blood tests and imaging techniques for detecting ovarian cancer and the highly individualized treatments that apply optimal therapy to your condition. Learn more
Let's Get Fit and Raise Awareness for Ovarian Cancer!